Revival is not something that you can calendar. It is the result of humbled hearts repenting of their sin and running toward an omnipotent, loving God. It has far less to do with the quality of the speaker and the date on a calendar and much more to do with a church returning to a proper relationship with God. 2 Chronicles 7:14 is a call from God for revival. It says, “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” For us to have more than just a scheduled event we must be approaching our God in repentance and prayer now.
Gregory Frizzell says there are seven elements of revival praying:
1. Revival praying is driven by love for God and desire for his Name to be glorified. (Matthew 6:6-9; 22:37)
2. Revival praying is accompanied by deep confession and renewed obedience. (2 Chronicles 7:14; Joel 2:12-18; Psalms 66:18; 139:23-24)
3. Revival praying centers on the advancement of Christ’s kingdom, not earthly comforts and temporal success. (Matthew 6:33; 28:19-20)
4. Revival praying is specific, Bible-based and centered in God’s will. (John 15:7; 1 John 5:14-15)
5. Revival praying is effectual, fervent and faith-filled. (Mark 11:22-24; James 5:16)
6. Revival praying is corporate and united in biblical agreement. (Matthew 18:19; 21:13; Acts 2:1)
7. Revival praying is God-centered, Spirit empowered and prevailing. (Acts 1:8; Ephesians 6:18; James 5:16-18) In short, revival praying is nation-changing and God-glorifying!
I challenge you to be praying earnestly for our revival services. Pray for God to speak through Mike Keahbone in a clear and powerful way. Pray for who you are to bring with you each night. Let revival begin in your heart even before our scheduled event. We are having special prayer services next week leading up to our revival. Join together with other believers in agreement that we desire for our hearts to be revived by the Spirit of God. I am excited about what God is going to do in each of our lives.
Driving on ice is not fun! I saw a crazy video of cars on an icy road all sliding down a hill and piling up next to each other at the botto...
I am at least a fourth generation Southern Baptist. I just enrolled Jonathan as a third-generation Southern Baptist seminary student. I a...
For those who have never found themselves in a desperate place it may be hard to identify with those living in poverty. Money talks in Am...
Our exemplary ministries only exist because of the great leaders we have leading them. Our children’s ministry over the last few years i...