There is joy in serving the Lord together in a local church. Serving together helps us fulfill the calling God places on the local church. Jesus’ example to us was one of serving, not being served. He deserved to be worshiped and yet he made himself of no reputation in order to be a servant. If our place within the local church is nothing more than coming to a location in order to be served by others, we are completely missing the purpose God has for us. Leaders in the church are called “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:12). It is our goal to equip you so you can serve joyfully within the church.
Sunday is our ministry fair. It is a way for us to communicate the areas of service that are available in our church. Please take the time to look around the room and see the exciting areas our church is serving. We cannot accomplish the ministries of the church without your help. Each one of us must use our spiritual gifts to strengthen the body of Christ. This is your opportunity. When you combine your spiritual gifts with the ministry in which you are zealous you will find fulfillment in service.
Let me draw attention to some important areas of service in which we need help.
· Preschool: We have divided the preschool leader responsibilities into three coordinator positions. Preschool is an essential ministry of our church as we teach the children but also provide a safe place for parents to leave their children so they can learn. See the Children’s Ministry table to read these job descriptions. We also need people to serve on the rotation for extended session.
· Vacation Bible School: It is time to start preparing for VBS June 10-14. This is our most important children’s outreach event every year. There is a place for everyone to serve.
· Malawi: If you would like to go on the Malawi mission trip this year, please sign up and get more information on the Mission Team table. The trip is tentatively set for September 10-20 with a cost around $3500 (airfare at time of purchase determines exact price).
· Engage Church: Engage Church is a new church we are planting targeting those in poverty on the westside of Bartlesville. Our launch goal is Easter Sunday, April 21. If you would like to help with canvassing the neighborhood or to volunteer on Sunday afternoons to help with the mission, please see the Mission Team table.
· Pumpkin Patch: We are looking for people to serve on the Pumpkin Patch steering Team. Please see the Mission Team table to sign up.